Vistara, officially known as Tata SIA Airlines Limited is an Indian full-service airline. The name Vistara was derived
from the Sanskrit word ‘Vistaar’, which literally means ‘limitless expanse’. Vistara commenced its operations on January
9th, 2015. Vistara is the the third full-service airline in India after Jet Airways and Air India.
Vistara is an Indian domestic airline based in Gurgaon, Delhi with its hub at Indira Gandhi International Airport. Vistara started its operations with a maiden flight from Delhi to Mumbai. In a short span of time, Vistara has rapidly expanded its footprint, both in terms of network and service proposition.
Vistara now serves 36 destinations with over 200 flights operated daily. Vistara is a joint venture between Singapore Airlines (SIA) and Tata Sons (TATA). The Airline has made their image that passengers with a smooth and enjoyable flight. As it aims to transform the flying experience of travellers in India, As Vistara tagline ‘fly the new feeling’.
The airline started its first international service from Delhi to Singapore and Mumbai to Singapore on 6 and 7 August.
Vistara becomes one of the select few airlines in India to have the IATA membership. Vistara also had the honour of becoming the very first carrier to operate services out of the swanky international terminal T2 of Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport, Mumbai.
Vistara was also the very first airline to introduce the concept of ‘premium economy’ seats on the domestic routes within India. Vistara doesn’t have in-flight entertainment, but the airline provides content directly to passengers' personal devices through one-way Wi-Fi. Vistara has already flown more than 20 million happy customers since starting operations.
Corporate Office Address- TATA SIA Airlines Ltd.
10th Floor, One Horizon Center, Golf Course Road,
DLF Phase-V, Sector-43,
Gurgaon, Haryana-122003, India
Telephone- +91 9289228888
CEO of Vistara- Leslie Thng
Vistara started its operations with a maiden flight from Delhi to Mumbai. In a short span of time, Vistara has rapidly expanded its footprint, both in terms of network and service. Vistara now serves 36 destinations with over 200 flights operated daily. Vistara is the only airline to introduce premium economy seats on domestic routes in India. Vistara offers 8 business class, 24 premium economy and 126 economy class seats. As a full service airline, Vistara aims to serve the corporate and leisure travel market demanding high quality distinctive services.
The Vistara fleet consists of the following aircraft- 13 Airbus A320-200, 19 Airbus A320neo, Ordered 6 Airbus A321neo, 7 Boeing 737-800, 1 Boeing 787-9. As part of its expansion strategy, Vistara plans to launch its international operations shortly and is expected to induct up to 56 aircraft comprising both Narrow Bodies and Wide Bodies over a period of next 5 years.
Check-in Baggage: Baggage that exceeds the size and specifications of hand baggage, will need to be checked-in. The maximum weight permissible for a single piece of baggage is 32kg across all cabin classes. The maximum weight for one baggage in Economy Class and Premium Economy is 23kg and 32kg for Business Class for travel within India.The maximum weight for one baggage is 32kg for travel outside India. Check-in counters open 2.5 hours and close 60 minutes prior to scheduled departure for domestic flights and check-in counters open 3 hours before and close 1 hour before to scheduled departure for international flights.
Hand Baggage: Hand baggage allowance for travel within and outside India are- Dimensions: 55cm (22 inches) x 40cm (16 inches) x 20cm (8 inches). Children are entitled to the same cabin baggage allowance as adults. With the hand bag the things which are allowed to carry are: Ladies handbag, Overcoat or wrap, Camera or binoculars, Reading material for the flight, Infant's feeding aids for consumption during the flight, Walking stick, Umbrella, Medicines required during flight like asthma inhaler and Laptop.
Excess Baggage: For travel within India,if any additional weight is being carried: you will be charged INR 500 per kg, irrespective of the fare you selected. For Economy Lite passengers carrying additional pieces, will be charged INR 500 per piece at the airport. For International travel, if any additional weight is being carried, you will be charged USD 12 per kg for departures from International destinations. You can also pre-purchase excess baggage directly through the Vistara website & Customer Service Centre 6 hours before departure.
Banned Items: Customers are not permitted to carry certain items with them, as hand baggage or check-in baggage while travelling with Vistara. In Personal Items- Lighters, scissors-metal with pointed tips, realistic replica of toy weapons are not alowed to carry in vistara Airlines. In Sharp Objects: Box Cutters, Ice Axes/Ice Picks, Knives, Razor-type blades such as box cutters, utility knives, razor blades. Guns and Firearm, Martial Arts/Self Defence Items, explosive Materials, Compressed gases, Poisonous and infectious substances.
Popular Domestic and International Routes:
Vistara flies to 20 destinations within India: Port Blair, Guwahati, Chandigarh, Delhi, Dabolim, Ahmedabad, Jammu, Srinagar, Leh, Bangalore, Kochi, Mumbai, Pune, Bhubaneshwar, Amritsar, Hyderabad, Lucknow, Varanasi, Kolkata, and Siliguri. Vistara's first flight was on 9 January 2015, from Delhi to Mumbai.
On 6 August 2019, the airline launched its first international flight from Delhi to Singapore using a Boeing 737-800NG aircraft which was earlier used by Jet Airways then they launched Mumbai - Singapore a day later, then Dubai and more destiations across the world.
Web Check-in And Verification Process:
Vistara set out to make your journey extraordinary before you set foot in the airport with the added convenience of our web check-in option. Web check-in is available 48 hours prior to scheduled departure time and closes 60 minutes prior to scheduled departure time for domestic flights.
1. You can check-in on our website www.bagpack2go.com by clicking on the ‘Check-in’ tab on the booking widget.
2. You will receive your e-Boarding Pass via email.
3. Kindly read the instructions printed on your boarding pass carefully.
4. Emergency exit seats cannot be booked through web check-in. Vistara reserves the right to change your seat if you are assigned an emergency exit seat, in compliance with safety regulations or a change in aircraft configuration.
5. It is mandatory to produce a Web check-in boarding pass for security clearance and boarding.
1. A valid passport.
2. A PAN Card.
3. A driving license.
4. Photo identity card provided by the government or a reputed private company.
5. Birth certificate for infants that shows the proof of age.
6. Photo of credit card.
7. Election Photo Identification Card.
8. School identification card for children or any other identification proof.
On board Service:
Business class-Vistara offers 8 business class seats, in its 158-seater Airbus A320-200 fleet. The business class seats are 20.12 inches (511 mm) wide with 42 inches (1,100 mm) seat pitch.Premium Economy- Vistara was the first airline in India to introduce Premium Economy class in the domestic market. It offers 24 premium economy seats, Each being 18 inches (460 mm) wide and having a pitch of 33–36 inches (840–910 mm).Vistara World is the airline's wireless Wi-Fi inflight entertainment system that travellers can access on their personal handheld devices.It offers a multimedia library of over 70 hours’ Bollywood and Hollywood content of various genres. It features movies of various categories such as Drama, Romance, Comedy, Thriller, Action, Adventure and Kids, as well as popular Indian and Western TV programmes and a selection of music including Indian, Pop, Jazz, Blues, Rock, Electronica and English Retro. Vistara offers four different meals for each cabin for different time of the day – breakfast, refreshment, lunch and dinner with options of one vegetarian and one non-vegetarian dish in economy class; two vegetarian dishes and one non-vegetarian
dish in premium economy; and two vegetarian and two non-vegetarian dishes for business-class cabin. The menu is typically changed every seventh day and there are different menus for lunch and dinner.It also provides special meals upon request 24 hours before departure.
How To Check Flight Status ?
You can check the Vistara flight status in just a few steps:
1. Just log onto www.bagpack2go.com
2. Fill in details like your flight code and date of journey
3. Now simply click on the button ‘search’ for generating the latest information on the status of your flight.
The Airline operates for two classes:
1. Business class
2. Premium Economy
1. 2016:Best Airline (Domestic) 2016: Readers’ Poll by Travel + Leisure India and South Asia
2. 2016: Vistara named ‘Most Loved Airline 2016’ based on customer satisfaction scores by leading
global air travel review website Skytrax
3. Best New Entrant – Domestic Category 2016: Air Passengers Association of India
4. Top Rated Airline – 2016 on TripAdvisor
5. Best Emerging Airline: PATWA at ITB Berlin 2017, Germany
6. Most Outstanding Airline - Premium Economy and Economy 2017: Travel and Hospitality Magazine
7. Brand of the Year 2017 by World Consulting and Research Corporation
8. Vistara selected as India’s Distinctive Goodwill Brands 2017 by Brand Advertising Research and Consulting (BARC)
9. Best Domestic Airline: International Tourism and Conclave Awards 2017
10. Best Airline (Domestic) 2017: Readers’ Poll by Travel + Leisure India and South Asia
11. Top Rated Airline – 2017 on TripAdvisor
12. Most Passenger Friendly Airline: Ministry of Civil Aviation (Govt. of India), Airports Authority of India (AAI)
and Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI)
13. Best Regional Carrier – Asia: TripAdvisor Travellers’ Choice Awards 2018
14. Best Airline – India: TripAdvisor Travellers’ Choice Awards 2018
15. Travellers’ Choice Winner (Economy Class) – Asia: TripAdvisor Travellers’ Choice Awards 2018
16. Editors’ Choice Award for Domestic Full Service Airline: Times Travel Awards 2018
17. Best Airline – Service Standards (Domestic Category): Pacific Area Travel Writers Association (PATWA)
18. Best Airline Staff - Central Asia and India: Skytrax World Airline Awards 2018
19. Best Airline – India: TripAdvisor Travellers’ Choice Awards 2019
20. Best Regional Airline – Asia: TripAdvisor Travellers’ Choice Awards 2019
21. Best Airline – India: Pacific Area Travel Writers’ Association (PATWA)