SpiceJet is one of India's best airlines, serving domestic destinations across India. SpiceJet’s mission is to become India’s preferred low-cost airline, delivering the lowest airfares with the highest customer value.
SpiceJet was launched in May 2005 and The goal of the airline is to compete with the Indian Railways air-conditioned
coaches and obviously offer a better deal to its passengers. It is the second-largest airline in the country by number
of domestic passengers carried and the airline operates 630 daily flights to 64 destinations, including 54 Indian and 10
international destinations from its hubs at Delhi and Hyderabad. The Company removed 7 domestic destinations and added a few international routes viz. Amritsar-Dubai Chennai- Bangkok Calicut-Dubai Hyderabad-Dubai Jaipur-Dubai Pune-Dubai. SpiceJet offers fares that are affordable and significantly lower than most airlines. SpiceXpress is the air cargo division of SpiceJet.
The cargo airline was launched in September 2018 and commenced services on the Delhi-Bengaluru-Delhi route and further, they expanded the cargo services between Guwahati and Hong Kong on 19 January 2019 becoming the first airline to operate freight services between Northeast India and Southeast Asia. The Airline's headquarters currently operates from Gurugram, India. SpiceJet has joined global airlines' grouping IATA as a member, becoming the first Indian low-cost carrier to get the membership.
SpiceJet operates a fleet of Boeing and Bombardier Q-400s that allow for greater efficiency in maintenance and to support its low-cost structure. SpiceJet has recently added to its fleet the B737- MAX 8 aircraft which are newly designed. It is the second-largest airline in the country by number of domestic passengers carried and the airline operates 630 daily flights to 64 destinations, including 54 Indian and 10 international destinations from its hubs at Delhi and Hyderabad. The SpiceJet Currently operates the following aircraft: 2 Airbus A320-200, 4 Boeing 737-700, 28 Boeing 737-800, 1 Boeing 737-900, 4 Boeing 737-900ER, 13 Boeing 737 MAX 8, 22 Bombardier Dash 8 Q400, 10 Bombardier Dash 8 Q400 NG. 3 Boeing 737-700BCF/BDSF, 1 Boeing 737-800BCF. The airline plans to grow its fleet to 200 aircraft and expand regionally.
SpiceJet is a low-fare and It is the second-largest airline in the country by the number of domestic passengers carried and the airline operates 630 daily flights to 64 destinations, including 54 Indian and 10 international destinations. As the Airline is based on a low-cost model, the airline also offers premium services under the brand SpiceMax where guests may avail additional benefits at a higher fare.
1. Cabin baggage:
According to SpiceJet’s baggage policy, a guest’s hand baggage can consist of one cabin bag weighing a maximum of 7 kgs. This includes laptop and duty-free shopping bags.
If you are traveling with an infant, another piece of luggage, weighing not more than 7 kgs, is also allowed. Guests are not allowed to carry liquids, creams, or gel that are more than 100ml in volume as part of their carry-on luggage. Knives, sharp objects, compressed gases, corrosives, dry cell batteries, flammable liquids, poisons, toy ammunition, weapons, electronic devices which cannot be switched off, aerosols, and other items that are considered to be a security hazard are not allowed in the cabin.
2. Hand Baggage-
Economy Class passengers are permitted Cabin baggage of maximum 7 kg (which would include Laptop and duty-free shopping bags) having maximum overall dimensions of 115 cms.
(L+W+H) on Boeing flights and 108 cms. (L+W+H) on Bombardier flights, is allowed to be carried per passenger, free of cost. Passengers with infants are allowed to carry an additional piece of hand baggage of a maximum of 7 kg, not exceeding the size dimensions, as mentioned hereinbefore. Excess baggage will be charged at the rate of INR 400 per Kg.
3. Additional Baggage:
Passengers carrying more weight than the permissible check-in baggage allowance are given the option of purchasing excess baggage. SpiceJet charges INR 400 for each additional kg on its domestic flights. International flights operated by SpiceJet charge for excess baggage according to the destination.
4. Checked-in Baggage:
Passengers traveling on a SpiceJet flight within India on a domestic flight are allowed to check-in 15 kgs of baggage. For passengers flying internationally, the checked-in baggage allowance is between 20 kgs and 30 kgs, depending on the destination you are traveling to. SpiceJet does not accept responsibility for unsuitably packed, perishable, damaged or fragile baggage or for minor damage to the exterior of baggage (e.g. scratches, stains, soling, dents) resulting from normal wear and tear or for water damage to non-waterproof baggage.
5. Special Baggage / Sports Equipment:
Special baggage is charged a handling fee which differs for domestic and international flights. For adding special baggage items to checked-in baggage, SpiceJet charges INR 1,000 for domestic flights and INR 2,000 for international flights. These charges are applied over and above any excess baggage charges. Charges for special baggage, when the flight originates outside the country, are charged in the respective currency. SpiceJet considers sports equipment, skiing equipment, golf bags, bicycles, surfboards and LCD and LED TVs exceeding 39 inches as special baggage.
Popular Domestic and International Routes:
SpiceJet operates 630 flights daily to 54 Indian and 10 international destinations. It operates hubs at Delhi and Hyderabad, which is the primary base for its fleet of Bombardier Q400 aircraft. The domestic destinations include major Indian cities such as Mumbai, Hyderabad, Chennai, Bengaluru, Pune, and New Delhi. The international destinations that SpiceJet connects to are Singapore, Dubai, Colombo, Kathmandu, and Bangkok. After completing five years of flying, SpiceJet was allowed to commence international flights. There are direct flights from New Delhi to Mumbai, Chennai to Mumbai, Pune to Bengaluru, Mumbai to Goa, and Hyderabad to Tirupati. SpiceJet has frequent connecting flights to major international cities. The popular routes are - New Delhi to Colombo, Mumbai to Bangkok, Chennai to Kathmandu, Bengaluru to Dubai and Pune to Singapore.
Web Check-In And Verification Process:
The Web check-in process provide the facility through which passengers can provide confirmed booking in a SpiceJet operated flights and one could check-in for the flight through SpiceJet web site. For the web check-in process, you would have to follow the steps mentioned below:
1. Log on to www.spicejet.com or open our mobile app on your Android or iPhone device.
2. Click the Web Check-in link.
3. Please read and accept the terms & conditions. Then, click on ‘Continue’.
4. It will prompt you to select the Departing City and enter your PNR Number.
5. If your details are correct, it will prompt you to select the passenger.
6. Select the passenger required to check-in and the system will take you through the seat map.
7. Once you have selected the desired seat, the screen will prompt you with the passenger detail and the seat number.
8. Once sure, you can continue and confirm the process, the system will then prompt you to print your boarding card and customer copy.
1. A valid passport.
2. A PAN Card.
3. A driving license.
4. Photo identity card provided by the government or a reputed private company.
5. Birth certificate for infants that shows the proof of age.
6. Photo of a credit card.
7. Election Photo Identification Card.
8. School identification card for children or any other identification proof.
SpiceJet also aims to bring about improved operational as well as on-board service efficiency and would enable faster serving and clearing of food and would also reduce wastage. Customers can pre-book their meals at the time of making their booking, or anytime after by using the “Manage My Booking” option at spicejet.com. Pre-book meals option will be available up to 24 hours before flight departure. SpiceJet is a low-cost airline based in India, which means that passengers can purchase food from the onboard menu or pre-order a meal from the online assortment before your flight. SpiceJet Max passengers will receive complimentary meals and be seated at the front of the economy class cabin. There are also special meals available for pre-order. Meal options are listed below and include a wide range of sandwiches. Hot Meal pre-orders: Tandoor Chicken, Tawa Fish, Chicken Schezwan, Vegetables in red curry, Vegetable Pasta, Chicken Thai Curry. INR 450. The special onboard meals includes- Celebration Cake, Diabetic Vegetarian Meal,
Diabetic Non-Veg, Jain Hot Meal, Jain Sandwich, Gluten-Free Veg Meal, Gluten Free Non-Veg meal, Gluten Free Dhokla, Low-Calorie Vegetarian Salad,
Kids Meal, Fruit Platter and the kid's meal includes a vegetarian mini burger, a fruit juice, a chocolate bar and a pack of potato chips, and comes with a take-home airplane shaped bag.
How To Check Flight Status?
It is the second-largest airline in the country by number of domestic passengers carried and the airline operates 630 daily flights to 64 destinations,
including 54 Indian and 10 international destinations. Now check the SpiceJet flight status in 3 easy steps:
1. Log onto https www.spicejet.com
2. Fill up your flight code and the date of the journey in the provided field
3. Click the ‘search’ button to get the latest information on your ‘Flight Status.
How To Book Airlines?
Online ticket booking of flight tickets can be done via the SpiceJet website or other online portals, which attracts booking fees.
1. Visit the official website of SpiceJet.
2. Click on the Flight option on the top left corner.
3. Enter the name of the city you are departing from.
4. Enter the name of the city you are arriving at.
5. Select the date of departure.
6. You can also choose the return date if you want to book a return flight.
7. Select how many passengers are going to travel with you.
8. You can also choose if you are a senior citizen, in the Indian Armed Forces, or a student.
9. Choose the currency from the options available and hit the Search button.
After the booking procedure is being completed a passenger name record number (PNR) along with the e-ticket will be sent to you via email.
Flight Schedules from Major Cities in India:
Please click on the Time Table or Schedule link to view the schedule in www.airindia.in.It is the second-largest airline in the country by the number of domestic passengers carried and the airline operates 630 daily flights to 64 destinations, including 54 Indian and 10 international destinations.
The Airline operates for two classes:
1. Business Class
2. Economy Class
1. SpiceJet was awarded the '2008 Emerging Company of the Year Award for Indian Commercial Aviation' by Frost & Sullivan.
2. The company was ranked amongst the top 10 budget airlines in Asia by Smart Travel Asia magazine based on a surveyed commissioned 'Best in Travel Poll' on the low–cost carriers.
3. SpiceJet won the 'CIO 100 award' from CIO magazine for its technological innovations in the aviation industry.
4. The airline was recognized as the Best Low-Cost Airline for 2007 by TAFI (Travel Agents Federation of India)–Abacus, awarded at Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia.
5. SpiceJet was voted the Best Low-Cost Airline by a reader's survey conducted nationally by India's leading travel magazine Outlook Traveller (February 2008).
CIO 100 Award in IT efforts for customer satisfaction and business growth category
Voted as India's Best Low-Cost Airline by Outlook Traveller
Awarded for Best Website at 'World Low-Cost Airlines Asia Pacific Conference'
India's Most Outstanding Airline LCC–Domestic Award, by Travel and Hospitality
India's International Low-Cost Carrier of the Year 2012 by Travel Agents Association of India (TAAI)
Voted amongst the Top 5 Best Budget Airline in Asia by Smart Travel Asia (2010, 2011 & 2012)
Voted as India's Favourite Domestic Airline for the year 2012 by Outlook Traveller.