Indigo Airlines With a fleet of 209 aircraft taking passengers to 56 domestic and 15 international destinations, IndiGo Airlines is comparable with low cost airlines globally. On a domestic flight on IndiGo Airlines are permitted to carry 15 kgs of checked-in baggage. For international flights, depending on the destination, passengers are allowed a check-in baggage allowance of 20 or 30 kgs. Items not allowed by the Airline to be of an offensive nature, will not be permitted on board.
Indigo airlines Popular Domestic and International Routes:
IndiGo operates more than 1500 daily flights to 87 destinations, 63 in India and 24 abroad. Its main base is located at Delhi, with additional bases at Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Mumbai, Jaipur and Ahmedabad. IndiGo received a license to operate international flights after completing five years of operations. IndiGo's first international service was launched between New Delhi and Dubai on 1 September 2011.
Web Check In And Verification Process:
The Web check in process provide the facility through which passengers can provide confirmed booking in an Indigo operated flights and one could check-in for the flight through Indigo web site.For the web check-in process, you would have to follow the steps mentioned below:
1. travelers can check-in through web at any time within 2 hours prior to the scheduled departure of their international flights and 1 hour prior to the departure of the domestic flights. To avail IndiGo web check-in, you have to enter your booking reference no along with last name or email I'd.
2. Visit Indigo website www.goindigo.com and Select the Web-Check-In option under Manage Your Trip heading. Provide requisite information as required and follow the process flow.
3. Maximum of nine passengers can be checked in at once.
4. Dedicated Baggage Drop Counters are available to complete all the check-in formalities.
5. As per the existing norms and regulations, passengers are required to carry a photo ID card and copy of E-ticket/Boarding Pass to enter the airport.You can carry any of these identification proof documents that are listed below:
A valid passport.
A PAN Card.
A driving license.
Photo identity card provided by the government or a reputed private company.
Birth certificate for infants that shows the proof of age.
Photo of credit card.
Election Photo Identification Card.
School identification card for children or any other identification proof.
Indigo flight meals are not included in the price of your ticket. Indian based IndiGo offers a selection of food and beverages for sale onboard, which includes vegetarian & non-vegetarian options for purchase during your flight. There are healthy juices, lemonade and aerated beverages available for sales plus a choice of sugar-free health bars and drinks. For those customers who upgrade to Indigo Plus (at the time of booking), you will enjoy advanced seat assignment and a meal (choice of non-veg or vegetarian) a drink (not alcoholic). Complimentary drinking water is offered to everyone. There are no food and beverage sales on flights with a flying time of 30mins. On all flights under 60mins, no hot food or beverages can be purchased. The following items can be purchased on board. There is enough leg space for normal mid size person and good Services, as the in-flight crew behaves politely and happily serve you. Check-in and boarding processes are smooth as ground staff are professional in their operations.
How To Check Flight Status ?
IndiGo is the largest passenger airline in the country, which operates to over 83 destinations with its fleet of over 247 aircraft. The IndiGo website also provides you the convenience of checking your flight status in few simple steps which include entering your PNR number and other details related to your booking and IndiGo’s real-time flight tracker also helps you check the current status of your flight. You can follow the below steps to check your flight status after you make a booking:
1. Log on to www.goindigo.in
2. Click on Flight Status tab
3. Enter the departing and arriving destination
4. Enter your date of travel and Flight No.
5. Enter your PNR or Booking Reference number
How To Book Airlines ?
India’s largest passenger airline - IndiGo offers the lowest airfare for your flight booking. IndiGo currently has
flights to and from over 60 domestic destinations in India. The smaller regions are connected with our fleet of ATRs
and the larger cities with the A320ceo, A320neo and A321neo aircraft.
Top domestic routes on which IndiGo operates direct flights include- Delhi to Goa Flights, Delhi to Mumbai Flights, Mumbai to Delhi Flights, Delhi to Bengaluru Flights, Mumbai to Goa Flights, Pune to Delhi Flights, Delhi to Patna Flights, Delhi to Pune Flights, Ahmedabad to Delhi Flights, Chennai to Delhi Flights. top routes on which IndiGo operates direct international flights include- Mumbai to Dubai Flights, Delhi to Dubai Flights, Delhi to Kathmandu Flights, Chennai to Singapore Flights, Kolkata to Bangkok Flights, Ahmedabad to Dubai Flights, Bengaluru to Singapore Flights, Delhi to Phuket Flights, Delhi to Istanbul Flights, Delhi to Kuala Lumpur Flights.
Using the Indigo online services, you can:
1. Book a flight and pay online for your travel
4. View the Schedule/timetable
5. Redeem your frequent flyer miles online
6. Web Check in
7. You can also block a seat of your choice at the time of booking.
IndiGo has only an Economy Class, and no Business or First Class. Passengers can choose seats while booking tickets online or while physically checking in at the airline counter at the airport.
IndiGo has won the following awards:
Best low-cost carrier by the Airline Passengers Association of India (2007)
Best low-cost carrier at the Galileo Express Travel Awards (2008)
Best low cost airline by CNBC Awaaz (2009, 2013)
Best low-cost carrier in C Asia/ India by SKYTRAX (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016)
Best LCC Aviation award for excellence by Centre for Asia Pacific Aviation (2015)