Amristar Airport information
Airport Address Information:
Sri Guru Ram Dass Jee International Airport
IATA Code: ATQ
Address: Ajnala Rd, opp. Hotel Blue Radison, Raja Sansi, Punjab 143101 INDIA
Telephone: +91 183 221 4118
About Amritsar Airport:
Sri Guru Ram Das Ji International Airport is an international airport in the city of Amritsar, Punjab, India. Amritsar Airport is the largest and busiest airport in the Indian state of Punjab. Amritsar Airport has a small but modern terminal. The Amritsar city was founded by the fourth Sikh Guru, Guru Ram Das, and the Airport is named after Guru Ram Das. The Airport is known as the fastest-growing airport in Punjab, India. Amritsar Airport is the largest and busiest airport in the Indian state of Punjab. The airport is equipped with all the facilities and Amritsar Airport offers a VIP Lounge equipped with business services for the traveler's convenience. The Airport has 650 meters to 350 m runway and is ranked the 6th best regional airport in India and central Asia.
Amritsar Airport Terminals Guide:
- The Amritsar Airport has only one terminal or operates a single passenger terminal.
- The terminal building has four aerobridges and can handle 1,200 passengers at a peak hour.
- The departure hall also accommodates a foreign currency exchange service, a book store, restaurants, and other shops for the convenience of departing passengers. The terminal operates both domestic and international arrivals and departures.
Particulars of Amritsar Airport:
Airport Code: IATA: ATQ, ICAO: VIAR
Airport Name: Sri Guru Ram Dass Jee International Airport
City Name: Amritsar
Distance from city: 11 km from the city
Amritsar Airport Facilities:
1. State Bank of India ATM
2. Punjab & Sind Bank ATM
3. ICICI Bank ATM
4. Axis Bank ATM
5. Indian Overseas Bank ATM
Baggage trolleys are available free of charge.
Children’s Play Area –
Children’s Play Area is available for the convenience of travelers with kids.
Currency Exchange –
Currency exchange services are available.
Drinking water stations are available free of charge.
Duty-Free & Shopping –
Duty-free shopping is available in the terminal. There is also a small
variety of retail shops. there are some recommendations for shopping:
1. Raja Rani collection (clothing store)
2. Ferns N Petals (flowers shop)
3. Duas Gallery (Gift shop)
4. Khalchian Wale Di Hatti(Women's clothing)
5. Ruaab Punjabi Jutti Amritsar (shoe store)
Food & Drinks-
Several restaurants/snack bars are available. There are some
1. Cafe Connect
2. Cafe Green Restaurant
3. Bakes & Beans
4. Cafe Coffee Day
5. Sandella’s Restaurant
Information Desk -
The airport’s Help Desk is located near the Arrivals Hall exit.
Medical Services –
Urgent and emergency medical care is available.
Mobile Charging –
Mobile charging stations are available.
1. Provide safety to the customer's baggage by wrapping it.
2. Baggage providing counters provides passengers claim checked-in baggage.
3. One can take the trolley service to take luggage to the check-in counter
Amritsar Airport Connectivity with the City:
Amritsar city is well connected with the major cities in India. The Amritsar Airport is connected by 8 lane National Highway. The Amritsar Airport has many transportation options which provide connectivity with the rest of the city. There is a free shuttle bus that covers the route between Golden Temple and Amritsar Airport and taxis in Amritsar Airport are available outside both Arrivals and Departures Hall of the terminal building at the taxi lines which must be the best way to get directly to your destination. There is no direct railway connection from Amritsar Airport to the city center. Then their more options like-Rickshaw and rental cars.
Amritsar is one of the largest cities in Punjab, the city was founded by the fourth Sikh Guru, Guru Ram Das. The city is historically known as Ramdaspur. Amritsar is loved and has a special place in Indians' hearts because of its rich cultural heritage, shrines, and its historical significance. The holy city Amritsar is famous for Golden Temple, the famous Wagah Border, and the serene Jallianwala Bagh memorial.
It is also one of the fastest-growing cities of Punjab and it is famous for its Pashmina Shawls, Woolen Clothes, Blankets, etc. The city is the cultural capital of Punjab today. It is also the center of Sikhism and the site of the Sikhs' principal place of worship.
Places to visit near Amritsar Airport:
- Golden Temple
- Akal Takht
- Wagah Border
- Jallianwala Bagh
- Gobindgarh Fort
- `Durgiana Temple
- Attari Border Crossing
- Partition Museum
- Maharaja Ranjit Singh Museum
- Khairuddin Mosque
- Gurudwara Bir Baba Budha Sahib
- Lal Devi Mata Mandir
1. Summer in Amritsar starts in the month of April and extends till late June
2. Monsoon in Amritsar starts in July and stays till September
3. Winter in Amritsar starts in the early weeks of November and the pleasant climate stays till March
Popular Flights route from Amritsar: