Air Asia flight ticket and offers
About Air Asia:
Air Asia was founded in 1993, the airline started operating as Air Asia Berhad in 2004. It is a low cost Malaysian airline that operates domestic as well as international flights to more than 100 cities across 22 countries. Air Asia is the largest airline in Malaysia by fleet size and destinations.
Its main hub is, the low-cost carrier terminal at Kuala Lumpur international Airport (KLIA) in Sepang, Selangor, Malaysia.
Air Asia has consistently been named as the world's best low-cost carrier for 11 years. The first subsidiaries of the airline emerged in 2004 when Thai Air Asia began operating from Bangkok to various international destinations.
There are nine connected airlines which operate under the Air Asia brand in addition to the Malaysian airline. These are
Air Asia India, Air Asia X, Thai Air Asia, Thai Air Asia X, Air Asia Zest, Indonesia Air Asia, Indonesia Air Asia X, Philippines Air Asia, Air Asia Japan. The head office is the Red Quarters at Kuala Lumpur International Airport in Sepang, Selangor.
AirAsia offers “Santan” menu," a buy on board programe offering food and drinks for purchase and in accordance with Shariah principles it does not serve alcohol or pork.
Air Asia Address:
Jalan Pekeliling 5 Lapangan Terbang Antarabangsa Kuala Lumpur (klia2)
64000 KLIA, Selangor, Malaysia
Telephone: 03 -86604600
Air Asia Country CEO of Malaysia: Aireen Omar
Air Asia is among the fastest growing low-cost airline in the world. Air Asia operates in over 88 destinations and
carry over 220 million passengers. The airline has over 150 Airbus A320s in service and the the capacity of Airbus
A320s is of 180 passengers. The total Air Asia fleet consists of the following aircraft- 66 Airbus A320-200, 29
Airbus A320neo and 2 Airbus A321neo. The total number of orders that Air Asia had placed for the Airbus A320 family
had gone up to 575 Airbuses, making making it the single biggest customer of Airbus.
1. Cabin Baggage: Each guest is allowed one piece of cabin baggage AND 1 laptop bag OR 1 handbag on-board. The main cabin baggage shall not exceed 56cm x 36cm x 23cm and does not weigh more than 7kg.This baggage should also be able to fit under the seat in front of you or the overhead compartment. The total permitted weight for two pieces must not exceed 7kg. Multiple items that are strapped, wrapped or tied together will not be counted as one piece of cabin baggage. When travelling with infants or children, your prams, strollers and buggies cannot be brought on board .
but can be checked in for free. Any form of child car seats must also be checked in but will be part of your purchased checked baggage allowance. For security reasons, certain restrictions have been introduced to limit the amount of liquids, aerosols and gels (LAG) that guests may include in their cabin baggage on international flights.
2. Checked-in Baggage: Each checked baggage must not exceed 81cm x 119cm x 119 cm and 32kg in weight. Guests checking in baggage which exceeds the pre-booked allowance will be charged on a per kg basis based on AirAsia fee schedul and guests may also purchase 15kg baggage at the check-in counters.
3. Duty free purchases: Duty-free items purchased at the airport will not form part your cabin baggage allowance provided it is within the duty free allowance of your destination country. All other purchases including free gifts from duty free outlets will count as part of your cabin baggage allowance. Regulations regarding the carriage of duty-free items may vary depending on each airport operator’s policies.
4. Sports equipments: Sports equipment weight available online: Domestic: 15kg / 20kg / 25kg / 30kg / 40kg and International: 20kg / 25kg / 30kg / 40kg.
Air Asia Popular Domestic and International Routes:
This is a list of current and confirmed prospective destinations that Air Asia and its subsidiaries Airline are flying to are:
Abu Dhabi, Adelaide, Ahmedabad, Agartala, Alor Setar, Amritsar, Auckland, Bagdogra, Bangkok, Beijing, Bengaluru, Chandigarh, Chennai, Colombo, Delhi, Goa, Kuala Lumpur, Melbourne, Phuket and many more destinations world wide. AirAsia India's current bases are in Bengaluru and New Delhi. AirAsia flights across India go to Pune, Vishakhapatnam, Srinagar, Jaipur, Kolkata, Bengaluru, Kochi and Chennai. AirAsia India's flight routes to international destinations include Kathmandu, Dhaka, Mali, Colombo, Kuala Lumpur and Dubai.The Airline operates domestic as well as international flights to more than 100 cities across 22 countries.
Web Check in and Verification Process:
- Enter your departure city and booking number in AirAsia web check-in tab. Then follow the instructions and print out your boarding pass.
- You have a printer connected to your computer as you are required to print the web check-in boarding pass.
- Your booking has been confirmed and it is more than 1 hour (AirAsia) / 4 hours (AirAsia X flights) before your flight. Web check-in is up to 14 days before flight.
- You have your booking number with you.
- Manage or upgrade your add-ons (pick a seat, baggage supersize and sports equipment)
- Select from the options below to save or reprint your boarding passes.
- A valid passport.
- A PAN Card.
- A driving license.
- Photo identity card provided by the government or a reputed private company.
- Birth certificate for infants that shows the proof of age.
- Photo of credit card.
- Election Photo Identification Card.
- School identification card for children or any other identification proof.
Low-cost airline Air Asia in-flight meals are optional and not included in your ticket price. You can buy your meal either on board or online in advance. They offer an assortment of meals, drinks and snacks for sale aboard all of their flights. Air Asia passengers can now book a special in-flight burger meal.
Enjoy access to hours of movies, TV series, music, games, and magazines—all on the Xcite Tab. Pre-loaded with high definition content and approximately six 6 hours of battery life, Xcite Tab offers a great viewing experience from the comfort of your seat. AirAsia offers “Santan” menu," a buy on board programme offering food and drinks for purchase with Shariah principles it does not serve alcohol or pork.
But this applies only to the regional AirAsia group flights, and not to the AirAsia X flights, which do sell wine and beer on board.
How To Check Flight Status ?
You can check the Air Asia flight status in just a few steps:
- Just log onto AirAsia's official website and then click on flight status from the top navigation.
- Fill in details like your flight code and date of journey
- Now simply click on the button ‘search’ for generating the latest information on the status of your flight.
How To Book Airlines ?
Flights can be booked online on bagpack2go, via mobile on mobile app, via Sales Offices and Airport Sales Counters of Air Asia, Authorized Travel Agents.
- Book a flight and pay online for your travel
- Request for a particular seat, special meal or service
- Check Flight status
- View the Schedule/timetable
- Redeem your frequent flyer miles online
- Web Check in
- You can also block a seat of your choice at the time of booking.
Flight Schedules from Major Cities in India:
Air Asia, which is actually AirAsia India, is a low-cost Indian airline with its base and hub at Kempegowda International Airport in Bangalore and its headquarters in Chennai. AirAsia is a joint venture between Tata Sons and the Malaysian airline AirAsia Berhad. Air Asia flies to 16 domestic destinations – Vizag, Guwahati, Chandigarh, Delhi, Goa, Srinagar, Ranchi, Bangalore, Chennai, Kochi, Pune, Imphal, Jaipur, Hyderabad, Bagdogra and Kolkata.
Air Asia features only Economy Class on its fleet, each of which seats 180 passengers. Passengers on AirAsia India
flights need a valid national ID to travel.
1. Skytrax’s ‘World’s Best Low-Cost Airline’ for 6 years running
2. World's Leading Low Cost Airline by World Travel Awards 2013
3. 2012 ATW Value Airline of the Year
4. Best Asian Low-Cost Carrier By TTG Travel Awards 2011
5. Best Company for Investor Relations – Mid Cap in Year 2011
6. Best Investor Relations Website – Mid Cap by Malaysian Investor Relations Association's (MIRA) 2011
7. Asia's Best Low Cost Cargo Carrier Award by Aviation Awards Asia 2011
8. Airline Of The Year by Centre for Asia Pacific Aviation (CAPA) Year 2009