Ahmedabad Airport Address Information:
Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International Airport
Address: Hansol, Ahmedabad, Gujarat 380003
Phone: 079 2286 9211
About Ahmedabad Airport:
Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Airport is an international Aiport. The Aiport is located in Hansol town in Ahmedabad, Gujrat. The Airport is considered the 7th Busiest Airport in India. This airport is awarded as the “Most improved airport” in the Asia-Pacific region by the Airports Council International. It has a single runway that is 3,505 meters long.
Ahmedabad Airport particulars:
Airport Code: (IATA: AMD, ICAO: VAAH)
Ahmedabad airport IATA code: AMD
Airport Name: Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International Airport
City Name: Ahmedabad
Distance from city: 9 km north of central Ahmedabad.
Ahmedabad Airport terminals guide:
Ahmedabad Airport has four terminals. Terminal 1 is the domestic terminal since it handles domestic flights( (near Gate 4 on the first floor). Terminal 2 is the International terminal that handles International flights. This terminal will be able to accommodate around 1,600 passengers at any given time. Terminal 3 handles the passengers' arrival during the Hajj pilgrimage. Terminal 4 is the Cargo Terminal which handles tons of cargo.
Popular Domestic Flights to Ahmedabad Airport
|Delhi to Ahmedabad flight l Mumbai to Ahmedabad flight l Pune to Ahmedabad flight l Goa to Ahmedabad flight l Kolkata to Ahmedabad flight l Chennai to Ahmedabad l Patna to Ahmedabad l Indore to Ahmedabad l|
Ahmedabad Airport Facilities:
- Luggage services: Airport Provide safety to the customer's baggage by wrapping it. Baggage providing counters provide passengers with claim checked-in baggage. One can take the trolley service to take luggage to the check-in counter.
- Currency exchange: Currency exchange service provides convenience to the customers in exchanging their currency into another country's currency.
- ATM: There are many bank's ATMs to avail cash
- Duty-Free and Shops: There are many branded duty-free shops at Airport. The other shops are also available.
- Restrooms: This Airport has restrooms for relaxing or waiting for the flights. The airport has all the facilities like airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything.
- Childcare rooms: Child care rooms for the parent's convenience are available at Airport.
- Spa services: The Airport has several places for relaxing and body massage. Spa services offers, Neck and Back Massage, Aromatherapy Massage, Thai Massage, Head Massage, and Skin Care.
- Restaurants and cafeterias: There are many food stalls available that provide ready-to-eat foods, snacks, and drinks.
- Medical services: The airport provides basic medical emergencies service to passengers.
Connectivity with the Ahmedabad City:
Passengers can book taxis at Airport. The nearest bus stop from Ahmedabad Airport is Sardar Nagar Approach, which is about a 12-minute walk from the Airport. Taxis are available within 25 minutes of Ahmedabad city center.
Ahmedabad is the largest city in the Indian state of Gujrat. Ahmedabad is the perfect blend of modern and ancient culture. The city is known for its Textile, Pharmaceutical, Jewellery, Diamond, Tourism, and Information Technology sectors and is also ranked among the safest city for girls in India. The gloriousness of the place is in its's artistic, architectural, and traditional greatness. Ahmedabad is the Business and Education Hub of Gujarat. All the festivals are celebrated with great enthusiasm and spirituality.
The city is well connected with major cities in India via road and railways. Gujratis are the most Peace-loving, tolerant and friendly Citizens. Ahmedabad has many management and architectural institutes. Ahmedabad is a preferred destination for students from various parts of India and Abroad. Festivals like Uttara, Navratri, and Diwali, are celebrated with great spirit. Navratri is celebrated in a traditional manner offering devotion to Goddess Amba with people performing Garba. Deepavali is celebrated with the lighting of lamps in every house, decorating the floors with rangoli. Visiting monuments is one of the important activities if you are in Ahmedabad.
Places to visit near Ahmedabad Airport:
- Statute of Unity
- Panchkuwa Gate,
- Teen Darwaza,
- Gandhi Ashram etc
Winters are the best time to visit Ahmedabad. The monsoon time in Ahmedabad is a great time to visit Ahmedabad.
Frequently asked questions for Ahmedabad Airport
Q. Is Ahmedabad airport fully operational?
A. Yes, Ahmedabad airport is open for passengers.